Sunday, November 23, 2014

Ten New Healthy Habits I am Thankful For

As my year studying at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition comes to an end, and in honor of Thanksgiving, I thought I would share some of my favorite new healthy habits that I am thankful to have learned.  I have incorporated these habits slowly into my daily routine over this past year and I have found that they help me feel great, have more energy, sleep better, and stay more focused throughout the day.



#1  Warm Lemon Water in the morning to start the day off and kick start your digestion.


#2  SIMPLE YOGA STRETCHES  because some days you can’t do a long workout, so just doing these simple stretches in the morning will help you feel good all day.


#3 A HOT CUP OF ORGANIC COFFEE   The caffeine debate will always continue, and although I have always been a coffee drinker, I have made the switch to ONE good quality cup of organic coffee in the morning. I believe that one cup, that I savor with some almond or coconut milk, in the quiet time in the morning, centers me and gets my day off to a good start. Having the coffee after I drink lemon water and eat a little something seems to work better than having coffee on an empty stomach. 

#4 NYR Organic Products  These certified organic essential oils, face, body and bath products, as well as the line of supplements and greens powder are paraben free, non-GMO, & contain no synthetic fragrances. The scents of these products make me feel uplifted everyday when I use them, and the oils and evening products help me get a great night's sleep. I love how the supplements give me energy, make my nails strong, and help my digestion.

 #5 Glass Mason Jars  are my new favorite storage item. I keep spices, nuts, seeds, dried beans, dressings, rice and other grains in them. I love using them in my pantry or refrigerator and labelling them so I can locate what I need quickly.  They are dishwasher safe and when the lids start to go bad you can replace them while keeping the old jars. 


#6 JOURNALING get your thoughts out of your head and onto the page, SO MUCH RELIEF, TRY IT!!!!


 #7 Health Warrior Chia Bars when you forget to pack a healthy snack, these delicious little snack bars are great to keep in your bag or desk, They give you great energy with healthy ingredients. Chia seeds help you lose weight by keeping you full longer, help hydrate your body, and are rich in Omega-3, a vital fat. There are so many flavors to choose from, but my favorite is the chocolate-peanut butter.



 #8 Kale Chips  when you need a crunchy salty treat, that will satisfy you, but also keep you healthy! Easy to make in your oven. 


 #9 DRINK MORE WATER  So many times in the past I would try to satisfy a craving to no avail. Sweet, salty, spicy, nothing seemed to work. Often times cravings are an indication that you are dehydrated. I notice such a huge difference in my energy levels, skin texture, even my mood when I am consistently staying well hydrated. Such a simple habit to incorporate with amazing benefits. 

#10 FRESH AIR  It is just amazing what a quick walk outside, or just around the block,  can do for your mental state of mind. On the days you feel you just can't get outside,  just opening your home windows and allowing some fresh air in,  will benefit your lungs, skin and whole body. 



Wishing you all a happy and healthy holiday with your friends, family and loved ones.
Harmoniously yours,
Suzy



No comments:

Post a Comment